Intermountain Healthcare Business Continuation Planning Analyst in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
Under the direction of the Business Continuation Steering Committee, this position provides facility oversight to all SelectHealth locations for business continuation and life safety processes. The Business Continuation Planning Analyst works with business areas to identify exposures, document, and implement recovery and resumption plans and coordinate plans across business units.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Managers, develops, tests, and maintains the SelectHealth Business Continuity Program and Life Safety Program to protect and continue business processes in case of emergency or disasters. Along with management, leads and facilitates the programs when a disaster recovery or business continuity situation occurs.
- 2. Recommends recovery strategies and options, and assists with the implementation of recovery solutions. Leads the formulation and documentation of policies and procedures to follow in an emergency situation.
- 3. Plans, reviews, and conducts event simulations and exercises to routinely test business continuity and life safety plans.
- 4. Prepares an annual risk analysis report for senior management that indicates the probability, impact, and mitigation costs of current and emerging risks.
- 5. Regularly meets with each department. Receives feedback for changes in business processes, systems and others applications. Provides independent review and validation of department business continuity documentation, maintenance, and updates.
- 6. Provides expertise and support to management and business functional areas when a business disruption occurs. Partners with needed departments to provide training on reducing liability exposures, evacuation procedures and standards, communication in emergency situations, etc. Stays current in the field of disaster recovery and business continuation planning, and transfers that knowledge into practical solutions in the business setting.
- 7. Coordinates with multiple functions that have cross-department accountabilities to ensure the safety and security of employees and records. Coordinates with internal departments, such as Intermountain Healthcare's Emergency Management Committee and outside agencies as needed.
- 8. Organizes, leads, or participates on select committees related to business continuation, risk management, life safety, and security.
- 9. Provides information and responds to requests for information from employer groups about the business continuation plan. Assists business partners, vendors and providers in resolving issues related to critical business functions and processes, recovery planning, and recovery plan development / enhancements. Develops and schedules training / awareness for business partners, vendors and providers.
- 10. Makes recommendations to minimize exposures, downtime, and financial loss.
- 11. Oversees a Life Safety Team at each SelectHealth facility. Provides training for the Life Safety team and supervisors of their Life Safety responsibilities. Schedules and coordinates drills with staff and outside agencies as needed. Keeps current all documentation including each facilities? Occupant Emergency Plan.
- 12. Actively participates in creating a culture of Safety at SelectHealth by participating on SelectHealth?s safety and security meeting and fulfills assignments as needed.
- 13. Liaison between SelectHealth and Intermountain Healthcare?s telecom department regarding business continuity routing, toll free routing and emergency announcements. This includes maintaining documentation, analyzing reports and being the point person for the ?Telephone Calls Being Recorded? compliance training.
- 14. May act as a liaison for SelectHealth with federal, state, and local committees related to emergency management planning.
- Participates in the following facility responsibilities but is not limited to; attending facility related meetings (budget, facility status, floor coordination), maintains building statistics (building occupancy rates, conference room utilization, office requests), coordinates building space as needed with SelectHealth and Intermountain leadership.
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: M-F, days
- Department: Direct Reports
- Additional Details: This position will work for SelectHealth.
- Bachelor's degree. Education must be obtained from an accredited institution. Degree will be verified.or Four years of health care experience.
- Three years of leadership experience in business continuation, operations, finance, or a combination of them.
- Demonstrated intermediate computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, presentation, and project tracking programs.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and decision-making skills.
- Effective verbal/written communications.
- A leader and a productive team player.
- Manual dexterity, seeing, hearing, speaking.
- Business continuity or emergency management certifications.
- Business continuation planning experience using an industry standard methodology.
- Ability to interface and coordinate work with both executive and functional management on negotiation of program changes.
- Strong administrative skills, with effectiveness in developing tasks and managing resources to achieve target dates. Knowledge of health and safety precautions.
- Knowledge of health and safety precautions.
- Experience with business financial modeling.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location SelectHealth
Expertise Business / Administration
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City