University of Utah Assoc Dir, Ops & Logistics in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 11/20/2020
Requisition Number PRN24779B
Job Title Assoc Dir, Ops & Logistics
Working Title Assoc Dir, Ops & Logistics
Job Grade G
FLSA Code Executive
Patient Sensitive Job Code? No
Standard Hours per Week 40
Full Time or Part Time? Full Time
Work Schedule Summary
VP Area U of U Health - Academics
Department 01450 - Dermatology Clinical Group
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range 60700 to 101649
Close Date 12/04/2020
Open Until Filled No
Department of Dermatology is looking for an Associate Director of Operations & Logistics to join our management team. This position develops and implements policies, programs and financial objectives for assigned departments in relation to functions pertaining to transportation, storage, vendor selection, distribution, or inventory control, as well as non-manufacturing operational policies, objectives and initiatives of large and multifaceted areas/departments within the University. Participates in preparing department budgets and in setting department goals. Ensures continuity and quality customer service between University departments and community.
1. Develops and implements customer service, human resources and financial objectives for assigned departments consistent with the University’s goals and objectives.
2. Manages departments’ budgets, estimates budgetary requirements for special projects and oversees purchases and inventory.
3. Implements and administers new and existing department programs and services to internal and external customers. Evaluates program effectiveness.
4. Assumes authority and performs functions of the department director in his/her absence.
5. Participates in the development and interpretation of department polices to ensure compliance with the University’s policies and regulatory requirements. May authorize exceptions to department policy and procedures related to assigned departments. Ensures compliance with Federal and state regulations.
6. Establishes internal objectives and implements procedures to meet goals. Assists in setting department short and long-term goals.
7. Oversees department human resources management including recruitment, performance evaluations and retention of staff.
8. Ensures customer satisfaction by analyzing customer complaints, concerns and suggestions. Provides appropriate follow through to ensure quality customer service.
9. Facilitates cooperative and collaborative relationships with the community and other institutions.
10. Authorizes the purchase and implementation of new technology, resources and equipment.
11. Serves as part of the department management team.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration, a related area, or equivalency required; plus six years of progressively more responsible management experience; and demonstrated leadership, human relations and effective communication skills also required. Master’s degree in Business Administration or related area preferred. This position is not responsible for providing patient care. Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
1. Excel proficiency. Ability to download data from University systems and turn into meaningful and actionable reports. Pivot tables, vlookups, formulas, dashboarding.
2. Experience with clinical operations preferred.
3. First hand experience with and expert understanding of HR policies and processes; preferably University of Utah experience. This includes, FMLA , performance management, employee development, disciplinary process, etc.
4. Must maintain high level of confidentiality and discretion with sensitive information
Type Benefited Staff
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law.
To inquire about this posting, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: email@example.com .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Eligible new hires with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in URS if they make the election before they become eligible for retirement (usually the first day of work). Contact Human Resources at (801) 581-7447 for information. Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS are subject to URS’ post-retirement rules and restrictions. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or University Human Resource Management at (801) 581-7447 if you have questions regarding the post-retirement rules.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Eligible new hires with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in URS if they make the election before they become eligible for retirement (usually the first day of work). Contact Human Resources at (801) 581-7447 for information. Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS are subject to URS’ post-retirement rules and restrictions. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or University Human Resource Management at (801) 581-7447 if you have questions regarding the post-retirement rules.This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.