Northrop Grumman Director, Supplier Management in Roy, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Director of Supplier Management. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will lead the day-to-day execution of supplier management for the Strategic Deterrent Systems Division (SDSD). This position reports directly to the senior Director of Supply Chain Programs for SDSD.
The Director of Supplier Management for SDSD will lead a diverse team of experienced Supply Chain Managers and Professionals responsible for major subcontractors, major subcontracted systems and critical suppliers. This director's responsibilities include collaborating with senior level division and program executive leadership to understand business requirements and identify the needs for supplier support across the Division. Responsibilities will include planning, negotiations, risk management and functional performance, managing key subcontractor/supplier cost, schedule, technical and quality performance.
The Director of Supplier Management, in collaboration with the Global Supply Chain Program Management team, ensures that Global Supply Chain acts as the main focal point to the programs, IPTs and subcontractors to achieve the following outcomes:
• Establishes the overall supplier management strategy for the Division
• Develops subcontract specifications, work statements, and terms and conditions for the procurement of specialized materials, equipment, and/or services;
• Prepares bid packages, conducts bidders conferences, analyzes and evaluates proposals, negotiates subcontract provisions, selects or recommends subcontractors, writes awards, and administers resulting subcontracts;
• Negotiates and coordinates additions, deletions, or modifications to subcontracts;
• Manages all phases of the subcontract from initiation of the business case for make or buy decisions through requests for proposals, subcontract management plans, negotiation strategy, and cost accountability
• Participates with contracts administration and purchasing to develop subcontract policies and procedures;
• Briefs executive management and customer on the status and issues affecting subcontractor performance or cost;
• Conducts program reviews with the subcontractor and program office; and
• Makes decisions affecting the performance of subcontractors/suppliers
A successful candidate in this position must be able to create and maintain trusted relationships with internal and external customers. The role will require strong organizational and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, with all levels of management and individual contributors.
Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Engineering and/or technical discipline and a minimum of 10 years' experience (or 8 years with a Masters) in defense or aerospace systems and/or management in development or production projects.
Advanced knowledge of supply chain management techniques, practices or theories gained through wide seasoning and/or special development, specific to cost-reimbursable subcontracts.
Demonstrated experience in major subcontractor management of contracts $50M 4. 5+ years leading and/or managing teams to achieve projects cost, performance, and schedule requirements.
Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
U.S citizen and possesses US Government Secret clearance.
Master's Degree in Supply Chain, Business or Technical field.
Possesses US Government Top Secret clearance.
8+ years leading and/or managing teams.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Global Supply Chain