Copper Mountain Resort HRIS Administration & Analyst in Park City, Utah
Position: HRIS Administration & Analyst
Location: Park City
Job Status: Full Time - Year Round
POWDR is an adventure lifestyle company with offices in Park City, UT and Louisville, CO. Founded in 1993, POWDR's mission is to deliver memorable experiences, enhance people's lives, and have fun doing it. Within POWDR's portfolio are nine mountain resorts, including Copper Mountain and Eldora Mountain Resort in Colorado; Killington Mountain and Pico Mountain in Vermont; Boreal Mountain Resort and Soda Springs in the Lake Tahoe region of California; Mt. Bachelor in Oregon; Snowbird in Utah; and Lee Canyon in Nevada.
Also in POWDR's portfolio are the Woodward camps and progression centers, which include Woodward Copper at Copper Mountain, Woodward PA, Woodward Tahoe, Woodward West in Stallion Springs, CA, and Woodward Riviera Maya. New locations are on the horizon including Woodward Park City expected to open for winter 2019/20.
POWDR fuels participation in the adventure lifestyle with a collection of festivals, competitions, and branded events. Outside Television, based in Westport, CT, is the national active, outside-lifestyle programming network subsidiary of POWDR, Sun Country Tours in Oregon is the company's river rafting outfitter, and Powderbirds, based out of Snowbird in Utah, is POWDR's heli-adventure operator
The POWDR HRIS Administrator and Analyst will lead the assessment and strategic implementation of an efficient, accurate, and effective HRIS process and procedures that is consistent across all business units controlled by POWDR.
Success is an HRIS platform that (1) is efficiently and effectively supported from corporate headquarters; (2) can be migrated to best-in-class HRIS software platforms; and (3) provides accurate, timely, and appropriate labor reporting to business leads at each location and the corporate team.
A key component to this role is to develop a thoughtful, credible, and consistent approach to closely collaborating with Business Units (BU's) HR leads to implement substantial changes to established workflow processes crafted for individual businesses in order to maximize the value realized from the software platform and enable BU HR teams to focus on strategic, value-added initiatives and priorities.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Identify best practices for existing HRIS processes, functionality and work flow, and maximize technological capabilities to reduce manual processes (i.e. annual performance review process and other systems) and to improve data management and efficiency.
- Eliminate inconsistency in existing HRIS processes, functionality and work flow across BUs by resolving workflow inefficiencies and utilizing cross-function and cross-BU resources.
- Assess go-forward viability of existing HRIS platforms and evaluate market and best-in-class alternatives.
- Lead cross-function coordination with technology and BU teams.
- Lead the implementation/maintenance of various modules within HRIS platform company-wide in collaboration with BU HR teams.
- Maintains and develops custom reports to meet the requirements of executive management. Ensures accuracy and completeness of data in master files and various support tools.
- Primary liaison for HRIS platform provider.
- Determine the validity of other modules within HRIS platform and ensure current modules are being utilized and optimized to the fullest.
- Recommend changes to current processes to provide more effective use of the HRIS, and take the lead as a project manager to implement these changes (i.e. onboarding and exits, org charts, employment changes, performance management, recruitment, etc.).
- Work closely and collaboratively with Benefits Administration team in ensuring open enrollment system functionality meets the needs of the organization and reflects the accuracy of the benefits renewal rates and policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Very strong understanding of respect, patience, and collaboration required to implement significant business process change
- Self-starter who exhibits initiative, responsibility and accountability
- Ability to travel and work after hours as needed
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, meet deadlines, and inspire dedication to project completion
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with modest supervision
- Strong attention to detail, organizational and time management skills
- Is able to handle and manage confidential information
- Commitment to professional development
Preferred experience / Special Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management, IT, computer science or equivalent is preferred
- Demonstrated project management experience (including as an outside consultant)
- ADP or comparable HRIS platform super user experience preferred
- Professional Human Resources certification desirable
- Three to five years in an HR or HRIS role
- Five or more years supervisory/management experience (can be concurrent).
- Strong communication skills; written and verbal. Is comfortable speaking to large groups of people
- Strong interpersonal skills. Able to interact effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate, and prioritize.
- Is creative. Can conceptualize ideas. Can think "outside the box." Has the ability to implement ideas.
- Cross-functional collaboration with POWDR technology and BU teams
- Matrix supervisory responsibility for al HRIS functions at all BUs
- Assist in managing POWDR corporate payroll and benefits administration
- Due to the sensitive nature of this position, a criminal background check will be conducted after position is accepted. This background check will be done in accordance with standards enacted under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled